Saturday, May 30, 2015

Quiet Summer Study Focus


We'll have a quiet, summer study focus next week at school. During our Monday class meeting I'll talk about the way that quiet reading, writing, math, and exploration match the warm, often unstructured days of summer. Then I'll introduce the main focus of the week's learning: the biography project, STEAM stations, math study/review, and reading.

I'll ask students how I can help them reach the week's goals and what they need in order to be successful with the goals. I'll create a list of needs, and work with students one-by-one and in small groups to help them out.

After the past, very busy weeks of play rehearsal and outdoor exploration, it will be nice to give in to the warm weather and quiet tasks before us. This is a good overall focus for June school days and a nice bridge to summer study.