Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Teaching Science: Priorities and Questions

How do you pattern the learning for the year ahead?

Who does what job?

What curriculum areas do you deem as priority areas?

Where do you host the important learning/teaching information for the learning team: students, families, educators, leaders, and community members?

This morning I thought about that as I updated the Sensational Science website, a website that hosts links, resources, and information related to our grade-level science program. I knew that a good review and organization would set the stage for better analysis in the days ahead.

Science study/teaching is changing throughout the country, and I'm wondering where and how the teaching/learning team will decide to include that study in our fifth grade program next year?  I look forward to the conversation.