Tech is not best learned in traditional ways.
Instead, I believe, tech is best learned with these strategies:
- Introduce the tech programs, equipments "big idea" in a few sentences.
- Model one aspect of tech use.
- Let the learners play, ask questions, help one another.
- Provide some challenges, and let the learners provide challenges.
- Use a ready, ongoing, share document so the learners can share and respond to ideas and questions.
- Embed the tech use into worthy problem-based, standards-based, real-world learning experiences.
Tech learning is a give-and-take process that profits from play, share, team, and a growth mindset.
I'm thinking about how I will change my tech-related learning events to better mirror these ideas.