Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Listening to the Learning Team

I consider the learning/teaching team to include students, families, educators, leaders, and community members.

We collaborate to teach and learn well.

Yesterday two members of the team offered important, critical advice.

A student suggested that I too often pitted one group of learners against another. I agreed and said I would not do that anymore. After that, I made the error once again and caught myself out loud.  He had good advice for the learning/teaching team and me.

A parent respectfully noticed an effort that needed improvement. Again, the parent was right, and I made the change and thanked her for her important review.

As educators we will not be all things or know all. We also won't always be right. The key is to work together with the team to best effect good learning and a positive experience of school for students. Onward.