Tuesday, December 09, 2014

"I Want To Be A Teacher"

Yesterday I introduced the computation learning path.

Students took a test. Today I shared the results. We had three who made the "teacher" level which meant they met the computation goal and were ready to teach others.

I asked, "Who would like to work with a teacher (student) today?"

Hands shot up. I chose the students who would benefit from the one-to-one to work with their peer teachers.

I worked with the others reviewing common mistakes and then sending them ahead with a number of practice options.  They eagerly studied and practiced. One boy who came up to check-in said, "I want to be a teacher."

That's when I knew that this learning path was a good one. Let's see if we meet our goal of 80% proficiency by 12/19. We're on our way.