Wednesday, November 05, 2014

A Better Coach To Those That Need Your Help

As noted earlier, my focus this week is how to be a better coach to those who need my help.

Today, I'll employ more strategies in this regard, strategies including the following:

  • Attention to the morning routine, who is following the routine, and who is not. Then supporting those who are having a tough time getting started.
  • Reaching out to families and colleagues when I feel I need to understand a child better to teach that child well.
  • Stopping, looking in their eyes, and listening more, truly hearing what students are saying with their body posture, words, eyes, and emotion.
  • Designing learning experiences so I have time to pull those that need extra support aside in small groups or for one-to-one support.
  • Daily of the whole class related to positive mindsets, behaviors, and resources related to successful learning.