The study list includes the following topics:
- Complete Summer Reflection Work.
- Create the "Learning to Learn" Unit.
- Organize INSPIRE lessons, signage, and links, and placing the information on the Sensational Science website.
- Update the Curriculum Night Presentation.
- Design the new classroom layout, purchasing classroom supplies, unpacking existing supplies, and setting up the classroom.
- Read Willingham's book, Why Students Don't Like School.
- Read Vilson's book, This is Not a Test.
- Order and Read Meenoo Rami's book, Thrive.
- Read Next Generation Science Standards document.
- Organize start-of-the-year science and math lessons, and updating science and math websites.
- Set up first day of school meetings with collaborating teachers.
- Establish school year protocols, schedules, and routines.
- Attend #edcampblc and Learnlaunch teacher event.
I've taken a few books and other actions off the list so that I have some more time for family, friends, and fun as I know it's important to be rested and ready for the school year to come.