That led me to the question, "Who do you champion?"
As a classroom teacher, part of my charge is to champion my students and colleagues. Ways to do that include the following:
- Display of student learning and efforts.
- Open houses, celebrations, and presentations.
- Give credit where credit is due--thanking and acknowledging those that share.
- Listening to the students, and responding with care and detail.
- Making time to talk about goals, actions, and needs.
How do we champion those we serve in meaningful, authentic ways? An important consideration for teaching well.