Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Less Things More Time: Simplicity

Many years ago when we cleaned out a loved one's home after a death, I realized that most things have little value.

We fill our homes with items, many which have little meaning to us.

Less things means more time to do the things you value and be with the people you love.

So today I'll start the new year with yet another purge.

Emptying my drawers of clothes and items I no longer wear or like.

As the year moves forward I'll lessen my trips to stores and increase my time with treasured experiences.

I'll keep the items that bring me and my family joy and happiness including a few games, decorations, serving pieces, important pieces of clothing, photos and creation tools.

As I move forward I'll also think of my time with less time spent on useless items and activities, and more time for what bring joy and meaning to life.

Less things, more time; such a simple notion, but a challenging one in our consumer culture.