- Asking questions when a student demonstrates need or when you don't understand a support system.
- Transparent, timely information that helps all educators understand learning systems, supports, and tools.
- Planning and preparation for the teaching year ahead.
- Time-on-task with regard to teaching and service delivery.
- Thoughtful care, concern, and action dedicated to meeting student needs.
At times, professional educators' questions are met with no response or even ridicule. This puts the educator in a difficult position because how can a teacher serve a child well without needed knowledge, understanding, and timely support.
I know it's not a perfect world, but if we are to teach children well, we need to streamline and make transparent systems of support--systems that welcome questions, ideas, and concern related to optimal student service.