Starting with the 360 packet has been terrific since 360 gave us a great chance to review multiples and factors. Also the number 360 provides a great avenue to all the benchmark fractions included in the standards.
Next students will complete the following activities.
1. Making fraction bars with Google docs.
2. Learning to simplify fractions.
3. Learning to compare fractions with unlike denominators with pictures, numbers and words.
4. Making fraction number lines.
5. Adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators.
6. Fraction-Decimal Connections and Comparisons.
7. Fraction/Decimal Problem Solving and Projects.
I will continue to add to this shopping list of fraction activities and learning. Please feel free to send me any revisions or additions. This is a vital ingredient in the overall math program.
Fraction/Decimal Time Unit Overview