I am able to guide children who have homework questions and thoughts. I am also able to list learning updates and changes. There are many advantages to closed social networks and virtual classrooms when it comes to communicating with the learning team: families, students, teachers and administrators, and one of those advantages is staying in contact during canceled days of school (as long as tech is powered up).
Other advantages include:
- Posting student projects for all to see.
- Having online discussions about topics that matter to the learning team.
- Posting links to learning enrichment.
- Answering questions.
- Reading and writing stories you want to share.
- Sharing images and videos.
- Sending the weekly newsletter and home study list to all in the learning community.
- Creating a year-long log of learning events and information.
- Making learning more accessible to families who are traveling or children who are ill.
The virtual classroom, NING, supports the daily in-class school efforts providing a 24-7 platform for optimal learning. It's a positive academic tool that takes children into the digital learning world with guidance, oversight and care.