Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Questions Ignored

Just wondering.

Have you ever hit a professional pass in the road where you're faced with avoidance.

A time when you have a question that no one is willing to answer or explain.

That has happened to me on a number of occasions.

I pose a question, and I get no response.  It is as if I never sent the email or posed the question.

For some I believe that this is a strategy.  They think if I don't answer, it will go away because that person doesn't have the money, time or power to spend many hours or dollars pursuing that question.

On the other hand, there are those that never leave a question unanswered.  When you pose the question or situation, they always provide a response, and if an answer is not available they tell you why and give you further avenues for exploration.

When my students pose questions in class or via email, I always respond. I have their best interests in mind and want to help them move forward in their pursuits and interests.  I avail myself to them, and if I can't meet their need or answer their question, I explain why or we work together to create a possible avenue of response.

I wonder why some stand in your way by not responding to questions or providing paths for questions and response as I know I ask a lot of questions. If you have an idea about this, please let me know as I want to understand this area of professional life better.  Thank you.