At present, that goal means the following actions:
- Living life with optimal balance so I'm healthy, happy and energized.
- Taking the time each day to listen, respond and care for the students in my charge.
- Teaching my students effective "learning to learn" strategies, attitudes and behaviors.
- Establishing positive classroom routines.
- Putting students and their families first with respect to professional activity and focus.
- Collaborating with my grade-level colleagues to troubleshoot, plan and implement a child-centered program.
- Focusing my professional work on learning and activities that develop my knowledge, skills and outlook so I can coach my students with strength.
- Organizing files and materials so that I'm able to provide the tools to support student learning and program choice.
- Time for reflection, research and learning daily online and off.
- Effective daily feedback.
At the end of the year, I'd like to be able to say that I was able to coach each child well, and that each child successfully learned with confidence, happiness and meaning.