Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Better World: Kids Talking to Kids, Join Us

I hope you and your students will join us on November 15th at 10 a.m. EST to share your images and words related to a better world.

My students, Team 15, will host a global share online as part of the Global Education Conference.   I presented and volunteered last year and it was an exciting learning event.  I really enjoyed sharing ideas with educators and students around the globe from the comfort of my den in the early morning hours.

My students and I will work together to plan and prepare for this event.  They'll create a website to lead our efforts.  During the actual presentation, they will simply coordinate student sharing.  I expect that students around the world will tell us their ideas for a better world through pictures, writing and speaking.  Later on, with the use of the website, we'll foster discussion about those ideas.

I hope you and your students will join us.  It will be a great chance for children to learn about and participate in a global conversation from the comfort of their homes or classrooms. Please let me know if you have any questions.


Related Posts
Project Reflections, 2012
Project Details, 2012
Fostering Global Connections
2011 Global Classroom Presentation 
Becoming Global Citizens
Tech Integration or Learning Design
2011 Global Classroom YouTube Film Snapshot