Sunday, June 03, 2012

#Blendchat Two Summary

We had another great #blendchat tonight.  Terrific ideas.

You can read the chat at Storify.

My big take away was that next year I'll be running a blended learning environment. This year I dabbled in it, but next year it will be the mainstay program in my room.

The chat made me realize that I'll have to prepare students for this environment.  Using Responsive Classroom techniques, I'll teach children about the tools, expectations and ways of working in a blended environment at the start of the year.

As also suggested by Scott, Celina, Duncan, Brian and Heidi (the chat participants) it's essential that I identify the primary tools we'll start the year with, and leave room for trying out new tools too since the landscape will continually change.

The next #blendchat will be on 8/12 at 8EST.  The focus will be preparing students and the environment for blended learning.  In the meantime, if you come up with a great blended learning ideas related to our next chat, please add the ideas, links and thoughts to this Blended Learning Google doc.

Thanks for chatting and/or taking a peek at the notes.  Let me know if you have any questions.