Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Creativity Days: Day Two

We finalized our Creativity Days projects today at two.  Tomorrow students will have the chance to reflect on their projects and process as well as share their projects with the class.  Students worked consistently from 9:30-10:30, 10:50-12:00, and again from 1-2:00.  Some even skipped recess to keep working.

As the teacher it's been interesting to watch students complete their projects.  Some worked at an even keel completing their projects by the end of the day.  Others are bringing home work tonight as they want to continue their study, and yes, there are some that finished ahead of time.

A few students were disappointed with their projects.  Even though we used planning sheets and had meetings, their vision for what they hoped to achieve didn't match their final project.  I empathized and told students that projects don't always work out the first time, that's part of the creative process.

I'll create an assessment tonight and give students the chance to reflect tomorrow.  That will help me to assess my work and the project parameters.  Their reflections will help me plan and implement future projects for inspired learning.

If you've been keeping track of the project, please don't hesitate to lend your thoughts and ideas.  I know it's a project aimed in the right direction, and I also know it's one that I'll revise and revisit in the future.