Thursday, March 19, 2020

Learning altogether

I tried to think of a good metaphor to help me navigate the collegial learning we're doing right now as we all seek to support our students' education and take care of one another, ourselves, and our families too.

I think this is a good metaphor--this is like bringing your whole school system up to the top of a mountain, handing each educator a pair of skis and poles, and telling them to head on down the slopes. Imagine what would happen with this group that ranges from experienced skiers to those who have never skied the slopes before. How would everyone react How would you support the skiers at your side and support yourself too. What is important?

To me this is the kind of metaphor I need to remain patient, collaborative, and focused as we chart these new hills together. Onward.