Tuesday, October 08, 2019

There are limitations

I noticed a potential not met recently, but I simply don't have the time or support to advocate for change in that area. It's an area I've spoken up about many times so it is discouraging to see little change, but right now, I can't take on that challenge. Others are working on it, and I hope their work proves to be impactful.

I write often about the fact that we can't do all or be all. In a limitless job like teaching, the limitations may be more visible.

As I think of these limitation, I am also thinking of the potential within my grasp--the things I can do at school to support optimal learning and teaching. The list remains the same: math education, science education, and positive community building efforts including efforts related to safety, growth mindset, social-emotional learning, and leadership opportunities. As for other areas, there is little time or support right now. The plate is full, and now it's time to do the best I can with the agenda set. Onward.