One reason I'm a fan of standards is that those standards guide our study in ways that connect with years past and the years ahead. There's a lot to know out there, and the standards framework provides a way to ensure that children get a strong foundation of useful knowledge, concept, and skill. How we teach those standards continues to grow and deepen as we learn more and the world around us changes. Our science study has a climate change connection too since as students learn about Earth and space systems, they also learn how and why they can care for those systems in life enriching ways.
Where is our science study headed?
- Water cycle, watershed, and river studies
- Wetlands review
- Interconnectedness of people and the environment
- The sun, solar energy, solar ovens
- Water conservation, phase changes, water filters
- Plant parts, plant packets, plant cycles
- Climate change and climate change projects
- Space lessons - winter
- All about matter - winter lessons
- Composting (moved to spring due to Triple E threat in fall)
We're on our way.