What will we do?
Classroom STEAM Set-Up
There's work to do to update the classroom for STEAM study including reorganizing outdoor investigation tools, making space for our indoor gardens, purchasing a class composting container, and arranging science-related books. I'll devote the back corner of the classroom to this effort.
- What is STEAM?
- What is the TEAM in STEAM? How can we be effective team members? Introduction to Team roles.
- What tools will we use to study science and how do we use and care for those tools?
- What books can inform our STEAM study?
- How can we be a green classroom?
Initial Focus and Projects
- What is survival? What is important when it comes to survival?
- Introduction to plant science and creating an indoor garden.
- Introduction to decomposition and creating effective composting efforts and composters?
- Introduction to water cycles, studying our local watershed, and making water filters.
- Introduction to solar energy, creating solar ovens.
- Introduction to the history of the land, and how studying the land gives us clues about that history.
Long term projects and efforts
- Climate change study and related projects
There's lots to do to update our study from last year. We'll begin this week with a meeting with Drumlin Farm naturalists to study and plan for the year ahead. Onward.