Sunday, September 08, 2019

The Week's Plans: September 9, 2019


I like to visualize the days for the week ahead on Sunday--the more I have the plans set, the better I can attend to the children's interests and needs. So what will Monday bring?

Workshop Focus
On Friday, I taught students how to use our online learning menu to guide their learning. On Monday morning, I'll review that lesson and then I'll encourage students to complete the first three tasks. If everyone completes the first three tasks, I promised that we'd use the suggestion of one child to pop a balloon to get a surprise such as extra recess, a class game, or indoor free time. When I was a child, we used to walk to Kresgees and pop a balloon to possibly get a free banana split. The child in my class liked the balloon surprise idea, an idea a former teacher used.

Divisibility Rules
During Math class we'll revisit the divisibility rules throughout the week. Knowing and understanding the divisibility rules truly helps students navigate multiple math concepts and activities.

Teamwork
We'll continue our focus on team by making better table groups, completing unfinished graffiti team projects, adding to our teamwork chart, and engaging in the notecard challenge.

Read Aloud: Hatchet
I'll resist the temptation to deviate from our read aloud and read often throughout the week so we can get through the story in good time.

I'm looking forward to a good week ahead. Onward.