Deeper, better math teaching
- More performance tasks with a math study process approach including problem/project work, teacher/peer edits, and share that includes discussion, debate, and displays.
- Potential revision of our grade-level RTI efforts
- Deeper efforts to teach all standards well
Teaching science standards with a greater interdisciplinary approach
- Developing our environmental science efforts throughout all aspects of the curriculum
- Bringing our science teaching full circle with more and better student writing, analysis, reflection, problem solving, project work, and presentation
A deeper, greater commitment to fostering a positive readerly life for every student
- More conferring with students about reading
- More time for independent reading
- Helping students to find just right books
- More time for read aloud
A more explicit approach to social-emotional teaching and learning
- Focus on teamwork with greater specificity, depth, and practice
- Focus on metacognition with attention to reflection, student portfolios, and student-led parent-student-family conferences
- Focus on growth mindset including perseverance, positive self talk, asking questions, and willingness to risk, make mistakes, and learn from them.