Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Trust your gut

The older I get, the more I learn to trust my gut.

That doesn't mean that you should readily follow your gut, but instead it means that you should take your gut seriously, investigate the situation, and act accordingly with respect, care, and good work.

My gut tells me that the United States is in trouble with our racist, lazy, me-first President--he does not exemplify the values that makes our country strong, and, as far as I can see, he is unfaithful to his oath of office and should be impeached.

In my life, I have experienced much smaller versions of trump-like-leadership many times. Each time my gut has told me that what I was experiencing was wrong, corrupt, troubling, inefficient, and in each case, after struggle, that was proven true.

So, in summary, don't disregard your gut--listen to it, investigate, and act with respect and care to do what is right and good with others who have similar desire for integrity and respect. Onward.