Today as I thought about the science lessons I have ready to forward, I decided to take a step back and focus on teamwork. For students to successfully engage in the many science lessons ahead, they need to work well as a team so today we'll focus on that skill.
The lesson will include a simple team building activity that focuses on science and how we work together and solve problems.
This will give me a chance to think about what I need to do to foster good teaming and science learning in the weeks ahead. Weeks that will find the room set up to include the following:
- Learning experience supply table
- Supply shelves and cabinets
- Guiding Question Area
- Display area
During today's lesson students will engage in the following activities:
- Review attributes of good team members and good teamwork
- Meet their new team members
- Review and engage in the activity
- Reflect via conversation and written reflections