- It's imperative to be mindful of the task at hand. When people deviate too much from that task, our work is not as good.
- Don't overload the students--no matter what the expectations are, when we push too hard, students' enthusiasm, confidence, and engagement wanes.
- Keep your eyes on the main priorities of the job which may mean that you have to put other interests, opportunities, and events aside.
- Work with a positive demeanor and outlook--there will always be challenges and it does no one any good to be cantankerous.
- Keep your expectations reasonable--no one is superman or superwoman.
- Be clear about expectations and keep to a positive routine in school as much as possible.
Don't give up, keep working for what you believe and know to be right and good. Onward.