Thursday, July 12, 2018

Do What You Can When You Can

If I've learned anything in the past many years, it's to do what you can when you can. As the old adage say, there's never a better time than today.

Sometimes it seems silly to complete a task that's not due until the distant future, but if you have the time and you're in the mood, I say do it. I've never regretted seizing the moment and completing tasks ahead of time even if people sometimes think you're crazy to get that work done upfront. There is sometimes a cost to pay as things may change, but in general, it's in your best interests to get the job done ahead.

This doesn't mean I never procrastinate as there are a number of dull tasks I have lined up that I keep avoiding. I'll get them done, and rarely to never sign up to do more tasks like that in the future. Dragging your feet to complete a task is a sure sign that those tasks are mostly not meant for you, however there are some dull tasks you can't avoid.

It's best to keep a to-do list and complete the tasks when you're in the right mood with the right time and energy. That's a good way to stay ahead and do your best work too.

This morning I'll update that list and then match today's energy with the right tasks. Onward.