Monday, June 18, 2018

Looking Ahead Builds Patience

Sometimes patience is required, and one way to stay patient is to look ahead and see what it is that you are working for.

As I look ahead, I'm focused on the following:
  • A happy and productive end to the school year
  • A good clean up
  • Summer focus on study, family, and other personal matters
  • A review of the past school year based on surveys, students' performance, data, informal comments, and more
  • Mapping the teaching/learning program for next year
  • Teaching the standards and other expectations in meaningful, student-friendly ways
When I think back on life's events that required patience, I realize that it has always been the ability to look ahead that has fostered that patience and led to the good teaching and learning I desire. Onward.