Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Who Do You Share Your Ideas With?

I share my ideas with open minded individuals who see life as a series of actions that reach for betterment. These people do not see new ideas as criticism or evidence that I'm a know-it-all, but instead these people entertain new ideas with an open, discerning mind.

On the other hand, I don't share new ideas with defensive people who see every new idea as an arrow or bullet--these people always see ideas for betterment as critique and criticism of the present. These people don't have a growth mindset and would prefer to bury potential in order to support the status quo. When you offer people like this a new idea, you typically get a negative look and demeaning words. I typically avoid sharing new ideas with people like this.

There's limitless potential for betterment. I see opportunity for betterment everywhere I look, and I know that if we lean in that direction, we will make things better. Yet if we construct walls that block opportunity for greater collaboration, betterment, and new ideas, we will not get better and instead be relegated to living with the static status-quo.