Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Week Ahead: First Week of June 2018

My school week ended early since I'll celebrate my lovely niece's graduation from college tomorrow. Then I'll spend most of the rest of the weekend preparing for my son's high school graduation celebration.

Next week will mostly focus on helping students complete their written biography reports and Symphony Math tech expectations. We'll also spend some time with reading aloud Rump, practicing singing My Country Tis of Thee and reviewing the places we'll see on the Boston Walking Tour.

Professionally I'll work on prepping for upcoming river study events and The Global Cardboard Challenge as well as continuing to complete end-of-year paperwork like cumulative cards, conference lists, and summer study folders. We also have the annual systemwide event to honor retiring staff and staff who have worked in the system for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, and 35 years. I don't think there is anyone who has been in the system for 40 years, but there are many of us who have been there for 25 or more years--a community that values education, invested kind students, fair salaries, and good working conditions have kept us there.

Personally we'll engage in a few pre-graduation events for my son too.

It's another busy week, and a week with some good teaching and learning planned.