Friday, May 04, 2018

Teacher Retreat: MTA Summer Conference

At first, I was not going to attend the MTA Summer Conference this year because I decided to focus the summer on personal and professional matters closer to home, but then today at the MTA Annual Meeting, I was moved to register to attend and use that time as I have in the past as a teacher retreat--a time to focus on developing craft and deepening contribution.

To be amongst committed colleagues at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, an institution devoted to education, is a rich environment in which to learn and be inspired. At the Annual Meeting today I am reminded of what this dynamic association has to offer us as educators--important supports that truly forward the work we can do for the students and families we serve and partner with.