- Making models that match fraction operations
- Line plots
- Fluency with fraction operations
- Algebraic thinking including order of operations and coordinate grids
Each exploration will have the following format:
- similar ability small groups
- scaffolded exploration from review through enrichment
- hands-on work and problem solving
- check-in points
When children arrive back from vacation, I'll explain the format, make the groups, and spend a few minutes each day explaining the exploration and then let students spend most of the time working together to complete the tasks. I'll use a number of resources to create the tasks and make them as meaningful and relevant to students' interests and day-to-day life and questions as possible.
We'll add a bit of test prep too. We've got eight days until MCAS so we'll likely complete one exploration a day saving the last day, math RTI, and homework for some explicit MCAS practice.
I think this will be an enjoyable way to review for the tests and solidify some concepts are that less strong at this point. Onward.