Are your students better after spending a year in your charge?
How do you assess this?
As educators we are leaders to our students, and as leaders it is our job to help them grow with greater confidence, skill, knowledge, and capacity.
As I think about this, and I think about my work tomorrow and into the future, I am realizing that I want my students to develop the following while in my charge:
- Belief in themselves
- Ability to successfully advocate for what they need, want, and desire
- Effective collaboration skills and abilities
- Self knowledge
- Pride in who they are, what they love, and what they want to do
- Recognizing there are many paths to success
- A strong skill, knowledge, and concept foundation
- Knowledge that practice and effort matter--what you do is who you become
- Problem solving/project skills and abilities
- Tech skills and knowledge
- Healthy, happy routines
I want to think more on this list as I think about my program efforts in the days ahead. I want to think about how I can help to develop healthy, happy, successful children while they are in my charge.