Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Twitter Chat Wakes Me Up!

Years ago a bit discouraged with teaching, I turned to the Internet and found a large number of awesome educators. I engaged in many Twitter chats and learned a lot. The Twitter interchanges truly uplifted my teaching capacity.

In the past year, I haven't engaged in Twitter chats as much, but then tonight I joined the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education #SBLchatMA (Standards Based Learning Chat Massachusetts led by +Rik Rowe and
@mattholloway.)

The discussion focused on assessment and there were a number of good ideas and perspectives. In fact, with regard to PBL in math, a topic I am interested in, I found a book reference and have been invited to visit a school in Lexington to see what they are doing in this regard. I hope to follow up in the next few months.

Matt and Rik will host #SBLchatMA every other Wednesday, so that means the next chat will likely take place on 1/24--you may want to try it out. It's an efficient way to connect with educators outside of your school to learn and share ideas about teaching and learning.