Saturday, January 06, 2018

Today's Theme: Listen


Today as I attend the MTA union school conference, I want to listen. I want to listen and learn about advocacy, good schools, and optimal teaching.

I want to extend that goal of listening to the school environment as I want to hear what colleagues, students, and family members feel is important, and respond accordingly.

I want to listen to needs expressed around me too, and see how I might support those needs, and I want to listen to myself too to make good decisions about next steps and the work I do.

As an older member of my family and faculty, I think that listening is more important than ever. It's a skill, that takes time and intention to master, and one I'm invested in. Further, with listening, I'll be able to reach for a goal that's seemed to be very challenging which is reverence. I think that reverence and love are ultimate goals and ones that truly take us time to reach. As always I'm open to your thoughts and advice related to this.