Friday, January 19, 2018

Response to No Response

There are some areas of advocacy where I continue to receive little to no response, and there are other areas where the response is substantial and positive.

As my blog has indicated, as much as possible, I'm righting the teaching ship towards the areas of positive support and response, and away from the areas of silence or little response. Yet I still have to work and learn with those who respond to new ideas, questions, and advocacy with mainly silence and little support.

What's a teacher to do?

For now, I simply plan to listen. I may not agree with the lack of response, little support, or directives given, but at this point I simply have to take a step back in those arenas as it feels as if I am hitting my head against a wall. In time, it's likely that I'll understand these areas of professional life more, and that the areas will change or make more sense.

In the meantime, I'm delighted with the team I work with, students I teach, family support, good environment for learning, and ready support from many within and outside of school. This is very positive, and as stated before, I'll move towards this positive support as much as possible.