Too often in too many places we jump into conversations, efforts, and decision making without giving process and communication good effort upfront.
There are a large number of decision making meetings coming up. As I embark on those meetings, I want to think about the following questions:
- What is the main focus of this meeting--what are we trying to make decisions about?
- What are the facts of the situation--what do we know for sure?
- How can we use our observation, research, experience, expectations, and goals to use the facts to make a good forward-moving decision.
- What will success related to this decision look like?
- How and when will we assess success? What will our follow-up efforts look like?
Good process matters when it comes to positive decision making. I want to think more deeply about this as I move forward with positive collaboration and decision making efforts. Onward.