Sunday, December 17, 2017

Sickness Strikes

Sickness struck the school last week, and about 50% of our fifth graders were out. It's hard to say exactly what the sickness was, but we know it was nasty. I felt tinges of it at the end of the week, and then received a full blown hit on Saturday which prevented me from attending a special personal event and left me in bed all day. The upside of getting the illness myself is the realization of just how terrible it was for the children.

Sickness like this will strike schools now and then. I remember the same thing happening when I was a young child. The nurse reacted with strength making sure that parents were informed, sick children sent home, and the whole school receiving an extra good clean-up to get rid of the germs.

This is one more reason that educators have to make sure they are taking care of themselves as much as possible. Hopefully next week the illness will mostly be gone, and we'll be back on track for our final week prior the holiday break. Onward.