Thursday, November 09, 2017

In the Dog House

Have you spent time in the Dog House? It gets a little lonely and squishy in there, and frankly, I'm tired of spending my days in that cold, unfriendly place. It's not that I live in the dog house in all areas of my life, but there are some where I'm relegated to those tight corners all too often.

So what's a teacher, mom, wife, community member, and friend to do?

In general, my advice to myself is to slow it down. Those dog house moments are typically the result of too-quick action and resolve. I watch a friend who spends little time in dog houses and she's typically a lot more thoughtful about her retorts, decisions, and share.

So I'll spend a few more nights on the cold floor of the dog house, and then I'll reach for a reprieve for hopefully a longer than shorter time. Onward.