Monday, October 30, 2017

Social Media Use and Update


When you first dip your toes into the social media pool, you simply don't know where that eventual splash is going to take you. That's why you have to stop once in a while and review the streams you've created.

I've mostly centered on this blog, Teach Children Well, and my Twitter, @lookforsun. Recently, however, I've started to become more political, and I don't want to mix my professional education/parenting blogging and tweeting with my political work as I want to stay mostly apolitical when it comes to my work as an elementary school teacher and education professional. We all know that it's impossible to stay completely apolitical in any sphere since politics rubs up against and intersects with every type of work and effort, so there will be times when the two collide, harmonize, or simply intersect. In general, however, as a teacher of young children I want to keep my focus on their development and the efforts that forward their potential and opportunity.

That's why I've created a new Twitter, @MaureenDevlinUS for my political activity and a new blog, Iridescent Lens, for my more personal views about politics.

Update: There's great intersection between my role as teacher and my role as one interested in political advocacy for children and families--this has been difficult to dissect online and off. I will think more on this challenge in the days ahead.