Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Serving on DESE's Teacher Advisory Council (TAC)

Today marks the kick-off meeting for this year's DESE TAC. I am looking forward to this meeting because I appreciate the time, effort, and depth the DESE team brings to this endeavor. Last year when I served on this committee, I was able to learn a lot, share my own and colleagues' perspectives, ask questions, and relay important related information via my blog and school connections. I'm happy that our state fosters teacher committees and councils that meet regularly with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).

Today, at this first meeting, I'll listen a lot. I'll hear about new initiatives, what's going on in schools all over the state, and other information that will impact our teaching/learning efforts this year. I'll think about how I can contribute to this committee from my primary focus this year which is creating a dynamic classroom learning community and working with colleagues with a team focus. As I work with this team, I'll think about the Harvard Business School article that I keep returning to this year as I work ahead to meet goals and do the good work possible.