Thursday, August 24, 2017

Teach Well: Start Strong, End Strong

During my 30+ years of teaching, it has always been interesting to me to watch how educators start, carry-out, and end the year. I remember a teacher of the past who was a lot like Eeyore at the start of the year, and more like Rabbit at the year's end. I always tend to be the opposite. I start with great enthusiasm and steam, and end with exhaustion and worry about what I didn't do and could have done.

This year, however, I'd like to start strong with optimism as usual and end with that same energy. That will take some measured approaches and good attention to a healthy routine too. It seems like there's a lot in place in our school system to support a terrific year ahead, and I'm noting the desire to end as strong as I start which will help. Let's see what happens as we know that every school year is full of surprises.