Google+ Badge

Sunday, July 16, 2017

What if every teacher in your school was an NBCT?

What if every teacher in your school was nationally certified? What would that mean for your school?

I think that this would be a worthy goal for administrators, and if I were to lead such an initiative, this is what I would do.

  1. I would obtain funding for the initiative
  2. I would make sure that educators signing on to this initiative earned salary increment and professional credits
  3. I would create a systematic approach using a team model to help educators reach national certification
  4. I would tie the collaborative efforts to the expected goals, standards, and programs of the school
  5. I would provide time in school for this effort and reach for competency one component at a time
  6. I would make this a multi-year endeavor
  7. I would seek state and local support by way of mentors and finances
This would be a worthy goal for any school or school organization. I will think more on this in the days ahead, and in the meantime if you're a school seeking to reach this goal or have reached it already, I'd love to read your story.