Meeting the goal of teaching children well includes the following efforts:
- Optimal collegial collaboration
- Lots of good reading and research
- Attention to pedagogy, pacing, observation, listening, and parent-student collaboration
- Creating an optimal teaching/learning environment
- Advocacy with regard to what students and teachers need for optimal teaching and learning
With this in mind, I said no to a number of invitations recently--wonderful professional invitations, but invitations that would take me away from this valued goal.
Instead, as noted before, I want to spend my summer reading a lot and working towards my development as an energized, committed, knowledgeable,and successful teacher of young children. This has been my life's work and it is work I continue to be dedicated to.