Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Trump Train Points Us in the Direction of an Independent Investigation

Many of us ride the Trump train every day as news is revealed about the ongoing query related to Russia's influence on the 2016 election.

I'm sure many, like me, are wondering about what is true and what is not true. Like me, many probably want to move on and out of this situation, but the evidence continues to mount that suspicious and illegal activity occurred.

If we allow ourselves to deny suspicious and illegal activity that challenges our democracy, then we are setting the stage for our country's demise. We are a country that relies on The Constitution as our foundation document and law of the land. We have a great country, and it's our duty to investigate any matter that challenges our country's laws and our goal of "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" for all citizens.

I am dedicated to reading and writing about this issue because history shows us that seemingly small and confusing issues like this lead to grave injustices if not investigated at the start. Clearly this issue is not going to go away, in fact it grows by the hour and every hour that our lawmakers sit back and not take a strategic approach to investigating what truly happened is an hour lost with regard to the promise and potential our democracy holds to forward our country in ways that matter to all citizens.

I will keep reading and writing. I will try to find out all I can in order to advocate for what is right and good in this matter. I have no idea as to what will really come out in a thorough investigation, but I know that Americans need to understand what happened and then work to eliminate or minimize any future acts that compromise our democracy.

In the back of my mind I worry that some had or have a very troubling plan in mind for our country--a plan that elevates some and diminishes others, and it appears that the plan may also choose sides with regard to culture, gender, and other factors that define our great diversity in the USA. It's hard to believe that this would be true, but the more troubling facts are released the more this seems plausible. It appears that a few may think that they know better than the many citizens in our country. As I've noted before, I hope that I am wrong in this idea, but I worry that I am not wrong.

Whatever the case may be, there are enough Americans who are truly concerned about what is happening and we deserve a thorough independent investigation of Russia's influence on our election and the current leadership of President Trump with regard to ethics and lawfulness.