Monday, May 01, 2017

Spring Transitions

Spring is a time of transition as students prepare to graduate, change schools, or move to another grade. Some students and families will move to new towns, cities, and states too. So while spring brings us warmer weather and anticipation for summer play, there is a bit of trepidation for some as they think of the changes ahead. That's one reason why we need to pay close attention to our students in spring--we need to support them with these changes in mind.

As a teacher, I also like to embrace spring with my eyes on the fall too. I like to practice the new teaching and routines I'll use next fall--teaching and routines I've researched and learned about this year. This brings some life to the end of the school year, and renews our efforts in the late days of the academic year.