Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Grindstone: Not Glamorous, but Necessary

It's a time in my career that can be characterized by a grindstone. It's not a glorious time, but a time of daily effort, thoughtful work, and striving for something more and better. For a long time I've reached out beyond myself to advocate for systems and efforts to support good work. Fortunately much of what I've wanted, I now have which is incredible. The next steps of this education journey right now lie in my hands and my efforts--the betterment has to come from me right now and nowhere else.

This is a good place to be, a place I've yearned for, and now the key is to stay the course and do the good work possible to move to the next step of teaching and learning well. I'm excited about this place, but it's also a bit daunting as I know it will require considerable effort and attention. Onward.