Saturday, March 04, 2017

You Can't Do It All: Family First

I'm a dreamer. I can always see much more than I can do.

One reason why my family is so important is that they keep me in check.

With every hope of attending great professional learning next weekend, my plans changed in order to attend to family needs.

How can educators grow their practice, teach well, and attend to family too?

The key is to do what you can, when you can.

As much as possible you have to be realistic and only sign on to events you will attend. At times, unknown events will arise and shift the schedule. Sometimes family waits while I devote myself to professional work. However, I try to balance work and family and not always choose one over the other.

After a busy weekend of work this weekend, I'll adjust so that next weekend the professional events will take second place to the primary needs of family members--needs that are important to who they are and where they're going. Onward.