Wednesday, February 01, 2017

"We Are All Here For All Of Us"

I regularly share resiliency tips with the class. Yesterday, I was telling them that, with their parents permission and help, they could begin a playlist. On the playlist, they can add their favorite songs and movie clips. Then, if they need some strength, they can go to their playlist to listen to a song or watch a movie clip that fills them with that inspiration. Then I played a song on my playlist. Students were mesmerized by Alicia Keys singing. After the song, we talked about the words "We are all here for all of us," words that serve to strengthen our classroom theme of helping one another. I invited students to share songs and movie clips that bring happiness, strength, and motivation in the days ahead. Let's see what they share.