Tuesday, February 07, 2017

The Day Ahead

There's a busy day ahead, and as I think about it, I realize that it will be important to use the time strategically.

Faculty Meeting: RTI Focus
Our system has employed Response to Intervention (RTI) for quite some time. At today's faculty meeting, staff will analyze our efforts in this regard. While I remain a fan of RTI overall, I'm interested in what colleagues have to say. I am also interested in ways to grow this effort to best meet students' learning needs.

Author Visit
It's always a pleasure to attend our yearly author visit presentations. I've had the chance to see many authors speak over the years, and I always learn a lot. I'll be looking for ways to integrate the author's wisdom into upcoming lessons.

Math RTI
We'll focus on computation for our 45-minute period as students prepare for an upcoming systemwide test. I'll include some choice during the lesson and we'll talk a bit about our collective strategies with regard to the problem set.

Simplifying, Adding, and Subtracting Fractions
I'll introduce these concepts to students, and then they'll have time to apply what they learn.

Professional Learning and Efforts
There's a host of paperwork and phone calls to catch-up on.

Student Coaching: Respect
We'll spend some time focused on respect for one another. Particularly when the weather is cold and we have less time outside, respect is challenged as 25+ of us work together in close quarters all day to learn.